Designers – What’s in your bag?
Part 1 of What’s In Your Bag
Let’s see what some of the hottest designers have rolling around in their bags.
Bryan Brinkman (he is good looking)
Website – brinkanimation.com
Twitter – @bryanbrinkman
1. Animation Block Party 2009 program. I attended the previous night’s screening at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
2. Business Cards. in a Chocolate
mint Altoids Container (perfect fit for rounded edge business cards)
3. Bubble Gum. Stride Wintergreen flavor
4. Portable Hard Drive. Western Digital Passport 140GB
5. Comic Book. “I Am Going To Be Small” by Jeffrey Brown
6. Body Spray. Axe (Kilo Scent)
7. iPhone. Not the new one
8. Toy. Simpsons kidrobot Snake figure
9. Sketchbook & Pen. Sketches, ideas, and notes.
10. Sunblock. SPF50
11. Umbrella. Usually withstands about 3 storms before flipping inside out and breaking.
12. Tissues. Use these to avoid awkward booger moments.
1- Apple Macbook Pro
2- Macbook Pro magsafe power adaptor
3- 8GB iPod Touch
4- iPod Touch dock connector
5- Cell phone
6- Zippo lighter
9- Apple remote
11- Sunglasses case
12- OS X 10.5 install DVD
13- Sevendust – Home CD
14- Sharpie marker
15- Moleskine large plain notebook
16- Moleskine pocket ruled cahier
1. Macbook Pro Charger
2. Cell Phone – I know, no iPhone, I suck, feel free to donate to the ‘Andy needs an iPhone’ fund :).
3. Extra batteries for the mouse, or paired with paperclip to make bomb (a la MacGyver).
4. Wireless Mouse – I don’t deal well with trackpads.
5. Web Designer Mag! For on the go inspiration, usually fairly up to date issue.
6. Learning jQuery 1.3 from PACKT Publishing – reviewing book for publisher.
7. Macbook Pro – or as my wife calls it. “My 4th Child”.
8. Swissgear Laptop bag – nice and sturdy to protect my goodies.
2. Flip video
3. book – Republic of Pirates (I just carry it around)
4. camera battery charger
5. Sony camera
6. Avery easy print business cards (incase I run out)
7. Chuck Norris folder for clients
8. pen (never ask for a pen, you look so unprofessional, but keeping your client work in a Chuck Norris folder is good) :)
9. Web Designer magazine (have 3 issues in my bag)
10. 1Gb flash drives (2 of them)
11. deodorant (no aluminum in there, and it works great)
12. eclipse gum
1. Macbook Pro
2. Copy of Alien omnibus
3. iPod Touch
4. Business cards
6. an unsolved Rubik’s Cube.
1. Business Cards
4. MacBook Pro
5. Digital SLR (sometimes compact)
8. Pen and Pencil
9. Helvetica Moleskine
Same bag image as on Niki Brown site but we got permission from Franz.
4. passports (I’m traveling right now)
7. business cards
See some more bags over at Niki Brown’s Design O Blog
|Print article||This entry was posted by BoxedinDesign on August 3, 2009 at 6:09 pm, and is filed under In Your Bag. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
about 1 year ago - No comments
The all knowing web designer, Andy Sowards posts his first video ever! You can ask him anything you want about design, or why he doesn’t comb his hair. To see Andy’s video and ask him a question – just click this: Andy’s Video.
about 2 years ago - 2 comments
Designer – Eric Vasquez Website – ericvasquez.net 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? I can honestly say that I spend anywhere between 2-8 hours a day working on something. Right now I am working as a Graphic Designer for Nickelodeon for my day job, and then when I get…
about 2 years ago - 4 comments
Designer – MoaTaz Elsayed Mahmoud Website – mo3taz.com Portfolio – behance.net/mo3taz Twitter – @mo3tazsayed 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? i am learning all the time, whether in the company or at home .. i learn at work because i am working as a graphic and web designer eight…
about 3 years ago - 12 comments
You might be asking yourself that same question right. There are so many designers out there in many realms, and chances are there are many more that are better than you. I see too many up and coming web designers that are so beyond my skills that it’s scary from a working mans viewpoint. Luckily…
about 3 years ago - 6 comments
Part 3 of What’s In Your Bag Let’s see what some of the hottest designers have rolling around in their bags. You can check out “Designers – What’s in your Bag?” Part1 and Part2 ——————————————————- Jacques van Heerden (he is good looking) Website – an1ken.net Blog – creativeoverflow.net Twitter – @An1ken 1. Canon Rebel…
about 3 years ago - 2 comments
Designer – David Leggett Website – theleggett.com Blog – tutorial9.net Twitter – @theleggett 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? Most of my knowledge comes from jumping into projects and getting experience as I go rather than reading books or taking lessons. It’s a sure way to make lots of…
about 3 years ago - 1 comment
Designer – Adam R Garcia (The Pressure) Level â€“ Category 1 Website – thepressure.org Blog – thepressureisgoodforyou.blogspot.com Twitter – @adamrgarcia 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? I know it sounds cheesy, but I think that every moment is learning design. I find that every moment of downtime goes to…
about 3 years ago - 6 comments
Designer name: Jon Phillips Website URL: jonphillips.ca Blog: spyrestudios.com Twitter: @jophillips 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? I usually spend at least 30 minutes a day but if I have time it can be 2 hours or more. 2. What other designers do you have contact with on…
about 3 years ago - 5 comments
Designer – Fabio Sasso (abduzeedo) Level – Category 1 Website – fabiosasso.com Blog – abduzeedo.com Twitter – @abduzeedo 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? Well I think I’m learning all the time, on each project there’s something new to discover and learn, because when you’re a designer you’re working…
about 3 years ago - 7 comments
Designer – Jan Cavan Level – Category 1 Website – dawghousedesignstudio.com Blog – dawghousedesignstudio.com Twitter – @mj12982 1. How much time do you dedicate to learning design every day? Since I’ve been freelancing full time, I’ve been really busy so I can’t really say that I allot some time for learning but I try to…